Spiced Fruit Compote
What something a little different for your Easter Brunch? Then this Spiced Fruit Compote is just the dish you need. Good fresh fruit may be hard to find this time of year, so this recipe using dried and canned fruit is a delicious alternative.
- 2 - 8 oz. pkgs. mixed dried fruit
- 1 - 15 oz. can fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. apply juice
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 4 1/2 tsp. chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 12 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
combine the first 8 ingredients in a 3 quart baking dish. Cover and bake for 35 - 40 minutes on 350° F. or until fruit is softened.
Stir in the apples and cranberries. Bake for another 15 - 20 minutes, uncovered, or until apples are tender.
Serve your Spicy Fruit Compote warm or at room temperature.
Go to Easter Recipes from Spiced Fruit Compote page.