Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Not much smells better than a fresh Pumpkin Pie Recipe coming out of your oven. The aromatic smells of spice and all things nice from one of the most simple pumpkin pie recipes you will come across. To keep it simple, you may purchase a frozen pie crust, but I have included one of my pie crust recipes. Homemade are so much better!
For Pumpkin Filling:
- 2 c. pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. half-and-half
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 c. sugar
Mix all ingredients and fill 9" pie crust (see recipe below), bake at 350° F. for 40 minutes or until filling is set and toothpick comes out clean.
HINT: Bake crust on 450° F. until just slightly browned, about 5 minutes, before filling. This gives you a crispier crust.
My Pumpkin Pie Recipe is one of many easy dessert recipes you can enjoy!
This is one of my pie crust recipes that I use. This particular recipe is for a double crust. So you can either plan on making two pies (remembering to double your pie recipe) or have enough crust for a double crust pie.
Pie Crust Recipe
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 6 tbsp. ice water
- Mix flour and salt thoroughly. Cut in shortening; continue until particles are size of rice.
- Add water gradually mixing with a fork as you add water. Add only enough water to form a dough ball that is easily handled.Be careful not to over handle the dough as this can result in a tough crust.
- Cut dough in half, making one slightly larger (this will be your bottom crust). Place larger piece on floured surface. Shape it quickly into a thick, flat disc.
- Roll dough out, starting at center and rolling outward with an even light pressure until about 1/8" thick.
- Fold sheet of pastry in half and place in ungreased pie dish so fold is across the center of the pie pan. This makes it easy to place pastry in center of pan. Unfold and press into pan. Pastry must fit snugly into sides and bottom of pan, especially at angle where sides meet bottom.
- Leave edges untrimmed. Fill pastry with desired filling. Roll out other half of dough and place over top of filling. Press top and bottom crust together sealing in filling.
- Make several even slices in top crust for venting.
- Bake in hot oven (450° F.) for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to temperature required for filling. Continue baking until done.
HINT: Place aluminum foil over edge of crust to keep from becoming too browned.
You now have a delicious pumpkin pie and your house smells wonderful!
Have a favorite Dessert Recipe? One that your famous for or a new discovery?
Desserts is one of my favorite things to eat. My friends and family rave about my No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Pie! I would love to see your dessert recipes.
More Delicious Dessert RecipesMost Dangerous Cake
Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
Sour Cream Apple Pie
Lemon Rosemary Cake
Easy Cherry Cobbler
Berry Peach Cobbler