Island Style Chicken
Stuffed with pork and veal, coated with honey and sesame seeds, Island Style Chicken is a great chicken recipe to serve at your island-themed party. Add a side of rice, a grass skirt and the soft swaying music of the islands and this easy chicken recipe will be a hit.
Don't let the long list of ingredients stop you from preparing this recipe for chicken...it's as easy as stuffing a bird.
To prepare this delicious stuffed Island Style Chicken, you need to have:
3 broilers (2 lbs. each)
3 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
3/4 lb. ground veal
3/4 lb. ground pork
1/2 c. finely chopped scallions
4 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 c. dry sherry
3/4 c. diced water chestnuts
1/4 c. melted butter
3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. sesame seeds
6 slices pineapple, sauteed
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with 2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp.fresh ground pepper.
- Mix together the veal, pork, scallions, egg, soy sauce, sherry, water chestnuts and remaining salt and pepper. Stuff the broilers and close opening with skewers or thread. Brush with melted butter. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in a 375° F. oven for at least one hour or until chicken are tender and browned.
- Brush with the honey and sesame seeds. Increase heat to 425deg; and bake chickens 10 more minutes or until glazed.
- Cut in half and serve on pineapple rings. Serves 6.
Island Style Chicken is great with a fresh salad. Check some out here!
Did you know that...More than one-third of the world's commercial supply of pineapples comes from Hawaii.
More Delicious Chicken RecipesSpiced Roast Chicken
Pecan Encrusted Chicken Fingers
Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Garlic
Oven Fried Chicken
Tarragon Chicken Salad
Chicken and Gruyere Quesadillas
Homestyle Chicken and Dumplings
Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Italian Stuffed Chicken
Chicken with Tomato Feta and Olives
Hot Wing Dip
Rhubarb Grilled Chicken
Chicken Saute in Beer Mustard Sauce
Mediterranean Chicken Tart
Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
Burmese Spicy Chicken