Greek Picnic Salad
I was lucky enough to attend a potluck where this Greek Picnic Salad was served and to make it even better, a copy of the recipe was also provided. It's refreshingly different and good to serve at picnics or with a tangy BBQ recipe. You will discover a new taste sensation when you bite into this Greek Picnic Salad. Make sure to add it to your recipes.
To start, you will need:
2 c. uncooked white rice
1 c. boiling water
3/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
8 c. spinach greens
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 c. reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 c. chopped kalamata olives
1 tsp. dried oregano or 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 - 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
10 lemons wedges
- Cook rice according to package. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and let stand about 30 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, spinach mixture, cheese and next 5 ingredients.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil, toss gently and top with pine nuts. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Makes 10 - 1 c. servings
If you like this Greek Picnic Salad, check out other by clicking here.
Fresh Salad Recipes
Crunchy Spinach Salad
Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs
Tortellini Pasta Salad
Two Cheese Tossed Salad