Coffee Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Coffee Crusted Beef Tenderloin as a alternative to the traditional turkey on your Thanksgiving dinner table or a delicious meal anytime of year will please your family and guests. Cooking the beef until it reaches the internal temperature of 145° (medium-rare) will leave it tender and juicy. Don't let the long list of ingredients and directions to prepare this Coffee Crusted Beef Tenderloin scare you away from trying it. You will find that is it an easy beef recipe that you will want to keep around.
To get started, you will need:
- 3 tbsp. freshly ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 - 2 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 c. low sodium beef broth
- 2 c. brewed dark roast coffee
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 c. chopped shallots
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher saltThyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 500° F.
2. Combine ground coffee, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 tsp. pepper. Gently press mixture onto the beef. Place tenderloin on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 500° for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 300° bake tenderloin for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches !45° (medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
3. While beef cooks, place flour in a small bowl and gradually add broth and brewed coffee, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and saute for 1 minute more. Add broth mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook until sauce is reduced to 1 c.(about 20 minutes). Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper, brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt. Serve sauce with sliced beef. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Coffee Crusted Beef Tenderloin makes a delicious alternative to turkey. You may want to double this recipe as everyone will want seconds for sure.
Click here for side dishes to accompany your Coffee Crusted Beef Tenderloin.