Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
This Chocolate Hazelnut Pie recipe tastes like Baci, the Italian version of the chocolate kiss. This is one of those dessert recipes that's not for the weak of heart. The rich flavor of hazelnuts and creamy chocolate is so decadent, everyone will think this is one of your dessert recipes that you have spent hours preparing. What they don't know is that this is a very easy dessert to throw together.
With only four ingredients for the filling and an easy chocolate crumb crust, you will want to add this Chocolate Hazelnut Pie to your holiday dessert recipes. But don't hesitate to serve it any day of the year.
- 3/4 c. hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 - 13 oz. jar of Nutella, or other hazelnut, chocolate spread
- 1 prepared crumb crust (one recommend a chocolate crust)
- Chop hazelnuts very fine.
- Combine the cream and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. You may use an electric mixer, I prefer to mix the old-fashion way with a wire whisk.
- Place the Nutella in a medium-size bowl and stir in 1/4 of the whipped cream. Gently fold the lightened Nutella back into remaining whipped cream. Add hazelnuts and gently fold into the mix.
- Scrape the filling into a prepared pie shell and smooth. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until the filling is completely set, 6 hours. You may also leave it set for up to 1 day (if you can wait that long to eat it).
- Serve topped with whipped cream
The hardest part of making this dessert is waiting for it to be ready to eat!
Chocolate Hazelnut Pie is just one of many desserts you can enjoy!
More Delicious Dessert RecipesMost Dangerous Cake
Sour Cream Apple Pie
Lemon Rosemary Cake
Easy Cherry Cobbler
Berry Peach Cobbler