Chicken Saute in Beer Mustard Sauce
Most everyone loves chicken and this Chicken Saute in Beer Mustard Sauce is a quick, one pan meal that has a robust flavor. Although a hearty whole-grain mustard is used, just about any mustard will work nicely. Sweet-hot, Dijon, wine or tarragon mustards are just a few you will want to use for this chicken recipe. You may even want to try different beers to discover a new flavor sensation.
To get started on this delicious chicken recipe, you will need:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. flat beer
- 2 tbsp. German or other grainy mustard
- 2 tsbp. minced fresh chives
- Warm a serving platter in a 150° F. oven.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, dip into the beaten egg and then run through the flour again, shaking off the excess.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of the butter in a large skillet with a lid over high heat. Add the chicken. Sear it briefly. Reduce the heat to medium and saute until golden brown and crusty on both sides.
- Add the beer by pouring down side of skillet and not over the chicken. cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to the warmed serving platter and keep it warm. Bring the pan juices to a hard boil. Boil until the liquid is reduced by one-fourth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard and remaining 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Pour sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the chives over the chicken and serve immediately
Viola! You have a delicious chicken dish to serve 3 or 4 people.
If you like this Chicken Saute in Beer Mustard Sauce you may want to try one of my chicken recipes.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
Spiced Roast Chicken
Pecan Encrusted Chicken Fingers
Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Garlic
Oven Fried Chicken
Tarragon Chicken Salad
Chicken and Gruyere Quesadillas
Homestyle Chicken and Dumplings
Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Italian Stuffed Chicken
Chicken with Tomato Feta and Olives
Hot Wing Dip
Rhubarb Grilled Chicken