Apple Recipes are fresh and easy! Take advantage of the different variety of apples offered this time of year. Autumn is a perfect time to find your favorite Apple Crisp Recipe. There are as many recipes for apple pie as their are variety of apples. Some of my favorite are:
- Golden Delicious - has a firm texture with white flesh. They have a delicate, crisp flavor. A lot of cooks prefer these all purpose cooking apples. Golden Delicious retains its shape and mellow flavor when cooked or baked. The skin is tender enough to leave on for most recipes. They add a wonderful flavor to fresh salads.
- Fuji - have a taste of spice with a crisp sweet flavor. It's an excellent eating apple. Fuji apples are good for baking and making applesauce. Color the apple varies from a green-yellow with some red to very red. It's a cross between the Ralls Janet and Red Delicious varieties.
- Gala - has my vote for best for eating fresh. They are heart-shaped with red stripes on a yellowish-orange skin. The perfect snack that are good for baking your favorite apple crisp recipe, adding to salads and making homemade applesauce.
- Granny Smith - are tart apples that I think are #1 for apple pie. They are bright green in color with a slight to bright pink blush. The tart flavor of the Granny Smith apple really holds up to baking and sauteing.
- Winesap - have an old-fashioned flavor. They are perfect for apple cider. Their spicy flavor makes it the first pick of cider makers. Winesap are a violet red in color. A delicious healthy snack.
There are many varieties of apples that you can use for your apple cake recipes, applesauce, and other great recipes.
Try These Apple Recipes
Sour Cream Apple Pie
Pork Chops and Apples
Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
Go to Home page from Apple Recipes....