NanaJenns Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Can you resist a Pumpkin Bread Recipe. Especially one that is quick and easy. It's a very moist bread that your whole family will enjoy. I got up this morning and knowing I had some leftover pumpkin from my pumpkin cookies I decided to make some pumpkin bread for me and padre art.This Pumpkin Bread Recipe comes out of the oven with a nice crisp crust and moist center. Pumpkin is available year round so don't wait until autumn to make this recipe.
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 2 2/3 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (1 lb.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2/3 c. water
- 3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2/3 c. coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 2 loaf pans (9x5x3).
- Mix all dry ingredients together, except for sugar and nuts. Cream shortening and sugar thoroughly.
- Add egg, pumpkin and water. Stir in flour mixture gradually, mixing well between. Stir in pecans.
- Divide into pans and bake for 70 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; let cool for a few minutes then, remove bread from pan and cool on rack.
- Eat at will!!!
My Pumpkin Bread Recipe is only one recipe for bread you can enjoy. Click here for more bread recipes!