Chicken Au Gratin
Chicken Au Gratin is a rich, creamy dish combine with rice and and Swiss Cheese. Of all the chicken recipes that I've found this one is one of my favorites. You can do so much with a chicken recipe and this is a relatively easy recipe that you can prepare to WOW your family.
- 1 - 3 lb. broiler
- 6 c. water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of thyme
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion, studded with one clove
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 4 c. cooked rice, kept warm
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp. grated Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine water, salt bay leaf, thyme, parley, peppercorns, celery and onion. Bring to boil. Add chicken. Bring to boil again. Cover and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender. Remove chicken and de-bone. Reserve 1 c. cooking liquid.
- Place rice in heated casserole and arrange chicken on top. Keep warm.
- In small heavy saucepan, cook reserved liquid. Bring to boil and blend in egg yolks. Remove from heat and add cheese. Mix well. Pour over meat and rice. Dot with butter. Broil under broiler until top is well browned. Serves 4.
Chicken Au Gratin is an excellent chicken recipe to serve with a chilled bottle of your favorite white wine. Try other recipes!
More Delicious Chicken RecipesSpiced Roast Chicken
Pecan Encrusted Chicken Fingers
Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Garlic
Oven Fried Chicken
Tarragon Chicken Salad
Chicken and Gruyere Quesadillas
Homestyle Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken RumakiCaribbean Jerk Chicken
Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Italian Stuffed Chicken
Chicken with Tomato Feta and Olives
Hot Wing Dip
Rhubarb Grilled Chicken
Chicken Saute in Beer Mustard Sauce
Mediterranean Chicken Tart
Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
Burmese Spicy Chicken
Island Style Chicken
Pollo En Escabeche
Coq Au Vin
Have a Delicious Recipe to Share?
I love my collection of recipes and am excited about sharing them. I bet you have some great recipes! Every good cook has a recipe that is their favorite and enjoys sharing that recipe. Do you have a favorite dish that you're famous for? Or found a new one that you would love to share with others?